Welcome to our July free motion quilt along where you will learn how to map out, and work your way around two very different free motion quilting motifs. Best of all the project finishes up at 14″ x 20″ a manageable project to learn Free motion quilting.
Join in on the fun and follow along on your machine at home.
**All Classes are for both long-arm and sit-down machine quilters. ***
any materials you need can be found int he products section on the website!
- 1 yard- Backing Fabric
- 1 yard batting
- 2/3rds yard- Top Fabric (make sure it isn’t a busy fabric)
- 1 blue pen-water soluble fabric marker
- 1 purple pen-air and water soluble
- 24” ruler for marking
- Thread for top and Bobbin (wind Bobbins before hand)
- Straight edge quilting ruler ¼” thick for machine quilting on longarm style and high shank machines and 1/8th inch thickness for low shank machines.
- 4.5” Curved Ruler (either the BFF or the #8 (1/4” thick for Machine Quilting)
- Either a sit-down or stand up machine for quilting participation!
- Pen/Paper or PDF worksheet print outs for design practice
- ❤️ Patience! ❤️
Grab Your Ruler and Lets map out the designs for our first free motion quilt along Quilted Place-mat. This design is measured, planned and traditionally sectioned.
In this video we will cover how to map out the second mini quilt (place-mat) in a more modern and compositional way. You’ll Need your measuring ruler and blue water…
Learn all the free motion quilting designs here before you begin quilting on your top. Lots of helpful tips in this video and don’t forget to print out your free…
In this video we will cover how to stitch the borders on our custom mini quilt Place-Mat #1 and how to utilize the markings on our curved quilting rulers.
In this video we will cover how to stitch the center motif of the July free motion quilt along for Place-Mat #1 make sure to have your straight ruler handy…
In this video we will cover how to stitch the compositional mini quilt Place-Mat #2 from start to finish in one thread path! So much information! and so much fun!